Lemonade Stand and Coffee Shop Activities
North Carolina's Government
What is a Preamble to a Constitution?
Watch the Schoolhouse Rock Video on the Preamble.
Then, also view the video by Liberty Kids (part 1) and part 2. Both videos trace the events leading up to the writing of our United States' Constitution.
How is our government organized?
1. Watch the Brainpop video on the Branches of Government.
User name: wcmillspark
2. Watch the Brainpop video on the Supreme Court. Complete the quiz afterward to see how well you listen!
3. Watch the Brainpop video called Presidential Power. Try the quiz!
4. Find out how a bill becomes a law using the Brainpop video. Don't forget to try the quiz!
5. Try the many games offered by BrainPop to study the federal government!
- Branches of Government
- Sortify the Constitution
- Checks and Balances
- Executive Command
- Branches of Power
- Please compare and contrast the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag using the "Daily Life" section.
- Research what the first Thanksgiving website was like using information found in "The Feast."
Please use the website below along with the job sheets you have to complete the webquest.
This will only work on Internet Explorer! If you are on Google Chrome, close the page and reopen Internet Explorer.
Run - On Sentences